YourBreg Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy System is your key to unlocking quick, pain-free recovery - whether you’re rehabbing an injury or recovering from a procedure.
In order to keep it working in tip-top shape for the long haul and prevent interruptions to your recovery, it’s imperative that you learn how to clean a Breg Polar Care Cube. And, that’s exactly what we’re here to teach you in this article!
Below, you’ll discover the quick steps to cleaning your unit. You’ll also learn how often you should be cleaning your system, and other tips to maximize its potential and ensure its longevity. First, let’s start with a brief explanation of why proper cleaning is more important than many users realize…
Why Learning How to Clean a Breg Polar Care Cubes is so Important
Learning how to properly clean a Breg Polar Care Cube cold therapy system is essential to ensure its longevity and effectiveness. Cold therapy systems, like the Breg Polar Care Cube, are used to reduce pain and swelling after surgeries or injuries, and keeping the device clean is crucial for maintaining its performance. Here are some reasons why it's important to know how to clean your Breg Polar Care Cube:
- Preventing the Spread of Infection: Cold therapy systems come into contact with your skin, which just so happens to be the largest organ of the human body. It’s a direct entry point to your bloodstream - and so, keeping your pads clean is paramount to prevent the spread of infection. Proper cleaning can help remove any bacteria or germs that may be present on the device. And if you’re using this device for multiple patients - like in a hospital or physical therapy center - this is even more important.
- Maintaining the Effectiveness of Cold Therapy: A dirty cold therapy system can negatively impact the effectiveness of the therapy. For example, a buildup of bacteria and other contaminants can reduce the flow of cold water, and make the device less efficient at reducing pain and swelling. If left unchecked long enough, your machine can actually get clogged.
- Extending the Life of the Device: Regular cleaning can help extend the life of the Breg Polar Care Cube by preventing damage to the internal components of the device. If you leave water in the device too long, for example, algae can begin to form - which degrades and corrodes the material over time.
By following the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and properly maintaining your Breg Polar Care Cube, you can be sure that the device will continue to provide effective cold therapy for your injury or post-operative recovery. But how often is this necessary? Here’s our advice…
How Often Should You Clean Your System?
The last thing you want to do on your road to recovery is burden yourself with more work and physical activity - like cleaning your system. So - how often do you need to clean your Polar Care Cube? It depends on a few factors, including how often you use it, who is using the system, and your personal preferences for cleanliness.
For example, if it’s just you using the system, you don’t need to wash the pads after each use. However, if you’re sharing with others or using the system for a number of different patients, you do need to clean the pads after each use.
According to Breg themselves, though, it is recommended that you empty and dry the unit with a soft cloth after each use. And occasionally, you can actually clean the pump, tubes, and pads with a more intensive process. Below, we’ll walk you through what that should look like.
How to Clean Breg Polar Care Cubes: Step-by-Step Guide
Ready to learn how to clean Breg Polar Care Cubes? It’s quite simple and straightforward - so take a deep breath and relax! Really, it’s just a few steps:
- Begin by unplugging the device and emptying any remaining water or ice from the reservoir. Wipe it clean with a soft cloth.
- Using mild detergent and warm water, clean the inside of the reservoir and the exterior of the device. Be sure to wipe down all surfaces, including the control panel, to remove any dirt or debris. If you’re using this device in a healthcare setting, use a cleaner with disinfectant properties.
- Clean the tubing by removing it from the device and running warm water through it. You can also use a small brush or pipe cleaners to scrub away any buildup inside the tubing.
- Rinse the reservoir, exterior of the device, and tubing thoroughly with clean water to remove any remaining soap or debris.
- Allow the reservoir, exterior of the device, and tubing to air dry completely before reassembling the device.
- Once everything is dry, reassemble the device and run water through the tubing for a few minutes to flush out any remaining debris.
- Before using the device again, be sure to check the pads or wraps that come in contact with the skin. f they are disposable, dispose of them and use new ones. If not, wash them in a mild detergent and warm water. Allow them to air dry completely before using again.
That’s how to clean Breg Polar Care Cubes. Not so bad, right? And remember - this intensive cleaning is only necessary once every week or so, depending on how the device is being used. As long as you’re emptying and wiping down the system after each use, weekly cleanings are fine. And before we wrap things up today, here are a few more care tips to keep in mind…
Other Care Tips to Maximize the Life & Potential of Your Breg Polar Care Cube
This device is an investment - either in your personal health and well-being or in your hospital/health care facility. Either way, you want to do everything in your power to keep the system working as long as possible while providing the best experience possible. These tips help you do just that:
- Use clean water and ice: Always use clean water and ice in the reservoir to prevent the buildup of bacteria and contaminants. If you don’t have a filter for your water source, it’s worth the investment.
- Store the device properly: When not in use, be sure to store the Breg Polar Care Cube in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing the device in a damp or humid area, as this can cause damage to the internal components. It’s ideal to keep the system stored in the box it came in or in a special bag.
- Regularly check the tubing: Be sure to check the tubing for any kinks, leaks, or other damage. If the tubing is damaged, it should be replaced as soon as possible to ensure the proper functionality of the device.
- Read the manual: We know - boring. But, these instructions will provide specific guidance on how to properly care for your Breg Polar Care Cube. It’s worth the quick read!
- Use the right pad or wrap: Always use the right pad or wrap for the specific body part you are treating, this will help the cold to reach the right area and avoid any discomfort. We offer a full lineup ofBreg Polar Care replacement pads if you need to stock up or specially optimize your treatment.
- Monitor the temperature: Be sure to monitor the temperature of the cold water and adjust it as needed to ensure that it is not too cold, which can cause discomfort and erythema, or too warm, which can reduce the effectiveness of the therapy.
- Keep track of the usage: Keep track of how many hours you have used your Breg Polar Care Cube and when it was last serviced, this will help you to know when it's time for a maintenance check or to replace parts.
Final Thoughts on How to Clean Breg Polar Care Cubes
There you have it - how to clean a Breg Polar Care Cube. We hope this resource provided you with clarity on how to clean and care for your system to keep it running smoothly for years to come. That wasn’t so bad, was it? Just a few steps after each use and you’ll be doing your part to maximize the life and value of your Cube.
And if you want to upgrade your system, check out some of the other solutions we have in store for you here at Ortho Bracing. You can get the highly toutedBreg Polar Care Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit, theBreg Polar Care Wave Cold Therapy System, or even theBreg Polar Care Glacier Ice Machine.
We have other helpful resources for you along your journey to wellness, includinghow long to use the Breg Polar Care Cube. You can also learnhow to use the Breg Polar Care Cube for your knee if you’re not sure how it works. And, you can learn about cold therapy in general as well in our blog. Read our article onwhen should you use cold therapy vs heat therapy orare cold therapy machines worth it.
We’re here to help you navigate your path to healthier, happier living each and every step of the way - whether that be through in-depth resources like these, the awesomeBreg products &Donjoy products we offer, or our world-class customer support help. Jumpstart your journey to a life without limitations today.