The ntelect Legend XT by Chattanooga is an electrotherapy system that is designed to deliver various electrical treatments to patients for pain relief, muscle rehabilitation, and tissue healing. It is a versatile, high-quality device that is commonly used in physical therapy clinics, sports medicine facilities, and other healthcare settings.
The Intelect Legend XT system can deliver a wide range of electrical treatments, including:
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS): This treatment involves the use of low-frequency electrical impulses to block pain signals from reaching the brain, providing pain relief.
Electrical muscle stimulation (EMS): This treatment uses electrical impulses to stimulate muscle contractions, helping to improve muscle strength, endurance, and rehabilitation.
Interferential current (IFC): This treatment uses high-frequency electrical currents to penetrate deep into tissues, providing pain relief and promoting tissue healing.
Ultrasound: This treatment uses high-frequency sound waves to promote tissue healing, reduce inflammation, and improve blood flow.
The Intelect Legend XT is a modular system, which means that different components can be added or removed to customize the device based on the specific treatment needs of the patient. The system is easy to use and comes with a range of pre-set treatment protocols, as well as the ability to customize treatment parameters for individual patients.
The Intelect Legend XT is one of the most advanced therapy systems available. Beneath its award-winning, ergonomic design is a sophisticated, versatile, user-friendly system.
The Intelect Legend XT lets you offer a comprehensive range of therapies in a single, state-of-the-art unit.
Recommended by the Professional Football Athletic Trainers Society
- Patented award-winning, ergonomic modular design
- Easy-to-add modularity allows the addition of two additional channels of electrotherapy or a battery module
- High contrast 5" (13 cm) FSTN LCD monochromatic user interface
- Two independent electrotherapy channels, expandable to four independent channels
- Multiple waveform electrotherapy-six clinical waveforms: Interferential, Premodulated, High Volt, Russian, Symmetrical Biphasic and Microcurrent
- Documentation of treatment data with Patient Data Cards
- User defined protocols for your specific needs
- Dual frequency ultrasound at 1 or 3.3 MHz
- Pulsed or Continuous Duty Cycles (10%, 20%, 50% & 100%)
- Four ergonomically designed soundhead applicator sizes: 1 cm², 2 cm², 5 cm² & 10 cm²
- Watertight soundheads for use in underwater therapy
- Therapy System Cart maximizes storage of clinical supplies and organizes cables
- Optional Operator Remotes allow treatment stop, start and pause, as well as change in amplitude at any time during a treatment session. Each remote is color-coded for designation between channels
Intelect Legend XT Technical Specs
What is electrotherapy?
Electrotherapy is a type of medical treatment that uses electrical stimulation to promote healing, relieve pain, and improve physical function. It involves the use of various electrical devices, such as transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) units, muscle stimulators, and ultrasound machines, to deliver electrical impulses to targeted areas of the body.
Electrotherapy is the application of electrical stimulation transmitted through the body via electrodes for therapeutic purposes. With electrotherapy, the current flows through the body from one electrode to the other and causes different physiological reactions, which are determined by the type of current selected, the parameters of the selected current and the output intensity.
The electrical impulses used in electrotherapy can have different effects on the body, depending on the specific treatment goals. For example, electrical stimulation can help to reduce pain by blocking pain signals from reaching the brain or by stimulating the release of natural pain-relieving chemicals in the body. It can also be used to promote muscle contraction and improve muscle strength and endurance, as well as to enhance tissue healing by increasing blood flow and promoting cell growth.
Electrotherapy can be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including chronic pain, musculoskeletal injuries, nerve damage, and neurological disorders. It is often used in conjunction with other treatments, such as physical therapy and medication, to help patients achieve optimal outcomes. The use of electrotherapy should always be prescribed and monitored by a qualified healthcare professional.