Want to learn how to drain Breg Polar Care Cube pads - or perhaps the system itself? This is something you’ll have to do each time you’re finished using the device, so it’s important that you’re aware of how to do itcorrectly in order to prevent damage to the system. The good news? The experts here at Ortho Bracing are here to help.
We’re your trusted source for all things cold therapy andBreg Products in particular. But, we don’t just have theBreg Polar Care Cube for sale. We have the information you need to make the most of your treatment and get back on your feet fast,while protecting your investment.
Below, you’ll discover the simple steps for draining the Breg Polar Care Cube whether you’re cleaning the unit or just need to put fresh water in the system.
How to Drain Breg Polar Care Cubes: Step by Step
If you don’t properly drain the system, the risk of mold development or clogs in your machine rises. And we’ve seen so many users report problems getting the water out of pads that we’re going to guide you through the process step-by-step:
- The obvious first step is disconnecting your system with dry hands to prevent issues with electrical shock. Then, move the device over to a sink or some other place to dump the water. Take the lid off and empty the contents within the machine itself.
- Take the hoses which are connected to the pad and point them down into the sink (or whatever basin you’re emptying water into). There are two little black plungers on the ends, and by depressing those, you’ll be able to flush out the remaining water within the pads.
That’s it - just like that, you’ve drained your Breg Polar Care Cube! Pretty simple, right? We’ve seen some people recommend another approach. They suggest removing the lid from the system and turning the machine on while holding the lid over a sink or over the container itself - as this will recycle the water within the pads back out of the pads.
We actually don’t recommend this method, though, as the pump then can run dry and create issues. Just follow the tips above and you’ll have no issue draining out residual water from your machine. And don’t sweat it if you can’t get every last drop of moisture out of the pads -that’s to be expected. It’s just important to remove as much as possible.
Now - chances are, you came here to learn how to drain the Breg Polar Care Cube because you want to clean it or refill it. Before we bring this brief guide to a close, we want to empower you with a few more tips on your next steps.
Why Would You Need to Know How to Drain Breg Polar Care Cubes?
The two main reasons to drain your system are either for regular cleaning/maintenance post-use or to replace the water/ice. Below, you’ll find a few key tips regardless of your specific goal:
Regular Cleaning & Maintenance
We have a complete guide onhow to clean Breg Polar Care Cubes that we encourage you to read if you haven’t already. After all, regularly cleaning your machine is paramount to keeping it running smoothly for years to come.
But more than simply protecting your investment, cleaning the device helps prevent contamination which could contribute to infection. If you’re recovering from surgery and using cold therapy to speed up the process, the last thing you need is the costly setbacks that come with an infection.
So - how do you clean the device? And how often? Again - our guide linked above will provide a far more detailed overview of the process. With that said, here’s a brief look at the steps:
- Unplug the device and drain it as we described above
- Refill the device with mild detergent and warm water. Plug it back in and let it run.
- Empty the device again, and then wipe the system down to the best of your ability with a dry, clean rag.
- Every so often, you’ll want to undertake a more intensive cleaning - using pipe cleaners or small brushes to get in the tubing, nooks, and crannies. This is where mold and buildup like to hide.
- Once everything is dry, store your unit in a dry location free of debris.
Replacing the Water
We recommend a quick cleaning like the one described above after each use. However, if you’re here reading this guide from the standpoint of someone who operates a physical therapy center or some other facility has multiple patients coming throughout the day, you may want to simply replace the water and put fresh ice cubes in the machine.
After draining the device, use filtered water to refill your unit - this will help prevent the risk of contamination/buildup within the device as opposed to dirty, impure tap water. In terms of ice, we recommend cube or chunked ice - as this provides better efficiency/efficacy than crushed ice. Or better yet, use our reusable ice cubes available in our collection ofcold therapy accessories!
More Advice on Using & Caring for Your Breg Polar Care Cold Therapy System
Before wrapping this thing up, we want to leave you with a few additional pieces of advice on using and caring for your cold therapy system. We have a complete guide onhow to use Breg Polar Care Cubes that we encourage you to read if you’re new to the device. You can also learnhow long to use Breg Polar Care Cubes for best results in our blog. Along with all this, here are a few more parting tips to make the most of your system:
- When applying the cold therapy pad, make sure it is securely attached to the affected area.
- Never leave the cold therapy pad on for longer than recommended, as this can cause tissue damage.
- If you experience any pain or discomfort while using the cold therapy system, stop using it and consult your healthcare provider.
- When not in use, store the unit in a clean, dry place.
- Be sure to replace any damaged or worn components, such as the cold therapy pad or tubing.
If you have any questions or concerns about using or caring for your cold therapy system, please don’t hesitate to reach out. As we mentioned earlier, we’re not just here to sell you cold therapy solutions -we want to help you use them in a way that speeds up your recovery process and keeps pain/discomfort at bay. We bring 20 years of experience in healthcare to the table and are passionate about customer support.
Closing Thoughts on How to Drain Breg Polar Care Cubes
At this point, it’s time to bring our conversation on how to drain Breg Polar Care Cubes to a close. While this advice was specific to the Cube, it applies to most other units as well - including theBreg Polar Care Wave Cold Therapy System,Breg Polar Care Glacier Cold Therapy System, and theBreg Polar Care Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit.
Want to learn more about cold therapy in general? Discover the differences betweenDonjoy vs Breg orcold therapy vs heat therapy in our blog. You can also learn whethercold therapy machines are worth it or not, andhow long to use cold therapy after surgery.
But at this point, you can take what you’ve learned in this breakdown on how to drain Breg Polar Care Cubes and get to work!